Authpoint Gateway - Can it be installed on Win Server Core Edition?

Have searched through the docs and forums and wasn't able to find an answer to these specific questions:

Does Authpoint Gateway (for windows) require a GUI?

Can it be installed on win server Core (non-gui) via CMD prompt, Powershell, or Group Policy?

If so, how? (how to provide registration key to installer without a GUI prompt.)

We have a windows environment:
2 x M370's in active/passive cluster
OS ver: 12.8.2.B666661
Authpoint handles IKE2VPN MFA, works well.

Currently we have the Authpoint gateway app running on an old domain controller that will be decommissioned soon. That server has a full GUI. Authpoint works great.

Our current domain controllers are running Windows Server 2016 Core edition, so no GUI. If at all possible I would like to avoid having to spin up a new server just to provide a gui for authpoint gateway to install on.

Any help is appreciated!

Best Answers

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

Hi @KevinD
    The Installer itself requires a GUI to copy/paste the gateway ID into it, but that's all. Once it's on the machine, there's no GUI or anything.

You should be able to specify the key via the CLI if you invoke silent mode. Be sure to make it write a log file so you can see if anything went wrong after.

Your command should look something like:

msiexec.exe /i AuthPoint_Gateway-7.0.1-534.msi ONETIMETOKEN="registration key" /L*V log_gateway.txt /q

Word wrap will likely murder that line - every gap that isn't a character is a single space.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

This should be more readable:

msiexec.exe /i AuthPoint_Gateway-7.0.1-534.msi ONETIMETOKEN="registration key" /L*V log_gateway.txt /q

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.