Third Party Cert

I have added a new third party Cert but the firebox is still using the old one. Does the firebox need a restart for the new cert to work ?

Thanks

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @DCAFS
    There's one last step. You'll need to select the new cert for the firewall to use.

In Policy Manager, go to Setup -> Certificates, and select the "Firebox Web Server Certificate" tab. Select the middle "Third party certificate" option, and select your cert from the drop down.

In WebUI, go to System -> Certificates, and select the "Firebox Web Server Certificate" tab. Select the middle "Third party certificate" option, and select your cert from the drop down.

Once you save from either interface, the new cert should be the one the firewall uses.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• It is all ready selected but it is still using the old Cert. It has not taken the new Cert ?

Any idea why it wont update the cert?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @DCAFS
    If the subject and details of the cert are exactly the same as an old one (as in you're updating the cert) you may have to remove the old one.

If it's a new cert and you've selected it, the firewall should be using it. If it's not, I'd suggest creating a support case so that one of our team can help determine what is going wrong.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi @DCAFS,

I ran into the same issue a while back while updating an existing third party cert on my firebox.

My resolution was to completely remove the old third party cert and add the updated cert as a new one.

Once I did that the firebox took the new cert and worked fine.

It's usually something simple.

Sign In to comment.