FireboxV rental

Hi,

We can via a mssp reseller rent a FireboxV. But trying to enable the Cloud feature on such a device seems very hard unless you rent basic or total security also.

Dimension basic is not available for FireboxV and WatchGuard Cloud 1-month data retention for FireboxV Small - 1-yr is not in the mssp program.

It seems a bit odd if you want to enable AuthPoint the new way on the fireboxV.

Also when you want to "lease" a FireboxV the mmsp partner has to order this from WG. Why on earth can´t the mssp partner get the feature keys right away as it is 100% a software solution.

There seems to be some minor "holes" in the mssp partner program when we the customer wants to "lease" per month.

Regards
Robert

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @rv@kaufmann.dk

Cloud logging is designed to be part of the basic and total security program. Data retention is an add-on to that.

I'll see if I can get any information on the SKUs being available in the MSSP program, but I'd suggest also mentioning this to whomever you work with in WatchGuard Sales.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @rv@kaufmann.dk said:
    Also when you want to "lease" a FireboxV the mmsp partner has to order this from WG. Why on earth can´t the mssp partner get the feature keys right away as it is 100% a software solution.

I know with the MSSP setup we have (as a partner) any delay (usually a day or so) is from having to get a new serial number per-se from our distributor for the desired FireboxV size if we don't have one to spare given the SKU is MSSP specific.

As for licensing, once activated in our account we can apply a license almost immediately (it lasts the rest of the month from date of activation in our case)?
    The delays could well be some business process/decision from the partner you are dealing with which is specific to them (eg. if a contract/paperwork has to be signed for any reason).

Admittedly I want to test out Dimension Command myself, but it seems I have to go down the Total Security path to get this since the appliances I want to test/deploy this to are only licensed for Basic Security - but we can use WatchGuard Cloud for logging perfectly fine (albeit with only a day or so data retention, which is fine for most of our needs).

• @PhilT_VIT

My partner deliver the license the second they have it, the waiting process is for the partner to get the feature key and since it is 100% a software solution with the firebox V my point is this should simple me a click and get key for the partner. Just like with Microsoft liceneses.

/Robert

Sign In to comment.