User unable to Connect IKEv2 or L2TP

Hi
Anyone come across the below issue before?

I have one user on SSL but due to performance would prefer IKEv2 or L2TP but cannot connect to either, getting error:

• IKEv2 - 'The Parameter is incorrect'
  • L2TP - 'A connection to remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the Network settings'

They are using Windows Surface, using the same standard image that all other users are using, with the latest windows updates.

It happens when connected via router or Mobile Hotspot so not network. I have also cleared the network cache, so it looks to be something on the laptop but cannot see what

Have gone through these troubling shooting steps:

• No Other VPN Connected. Confirmed
  • Username / Password for VPN. Confirmed
  • Check that the account isn’t locked out. Confirmed
  • Root Certificate Installed. Confirmed
  • Can connect with other working un / pw. Same error my account
  • CheckIPv6 is disabled for both connections and VPN. Confirmed
  • Delete and Recreate the WAN Miniports in Device Manager. Completed
  • Enabled split tunneling on VPN - Confirmed

any ideas?

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Both of these are using IPSec to transport the tunnel traffic. Checking that nothing on the customer's end is blocking VPNs or IPSec traffic can help.
    -If the router on the customer's side has a setting to allow vpn pass-thru please enable it.
    -If the customer's PC is set to block any VPN applications, I would suggest checking that.

If you create a support case, our support team can help determine if the actual IPSEC tunnel traffic is making it to the firewall.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks James, will raise a support ticket

Sign In to comment.