Options

Feature Request: Radio Settings in WatchGuard Cloud Access Point Sites

Request:
I would like to manage the AP's radio settings (2.4 & 5 GHz) from the Access Point Sites in WatchGuard Cloud. I am already leveraging the Access Point Sites for my SSIDs across all company locations. Managing these settings from Access Point Sites would be appear to be the next natural progression for WatchGuard Cloud.

Use Case 1:
I'm currently in the process of replacing our EoL AP 125s. Using Access Point Sties to set the radio settings for the entire company would speed my deployment, reduced the chance for error.

Use Case 2:
We are deploying AP330s and they are 802.11ax (WIFI6) capable. We have updated our workstation standard to WIFI6. Once we have fully deployed that standard to all our users we will need to update our APs radio settings. Updating all the setting would be easiest if the radio settings were manageable in the Access Point Sites.

Notes:
This feature is available in both the WatchGuard Server Manager, and the WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud > Discover. The radio settings typically need to be the same at each location, just like the SSID. Needing to change these settings on each AP is very time consuming, can be error prone, and is difficult to manage or review company wide changes.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @MrFisher
    There's an existing feature request for this -- WIFI-7194.

I would suggest opening these as support cases directly, as that will get everything done in one step. You're welcome to continue posting them here, but they will require you to open a support case if you'd like to track them.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.