Options

Licenses

Guys, I'm having a problem where my firebox M370 license is for points. When I activate the points, the following month it deactivates, and my license is not to deactivate. How should I proceed?

Answers

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Rodrigo

If your licensing is based on points, that means you're in the MSSP program. You apply points for your subscriptions each month (vice yearly like a traditional firewall.)

If you're having licensing issues, I'd suggest creating a customer care case by clicking the support center link at the top right of the page, and when asked for case type, choose customer care. You can also call via the phone using the numbers listed here:
    https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-support/support-by-phone/all

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

@RodrigoAHS said:

Guys, I'm having a problem where my firebox M370 license is for points. When I activate the points, the following month it deactivates, and my license is not to deactivate. How should I proceed?

The only time I see this on the MSSP appliances I manage is when the appliance is unable to reach the licensing server to renew the feature key.
    (In my case, I have some M270 appliances on a WAN behind a FireboxV MED - and if I don't allow access for the M270 appliances themselves to get to the WatchGuard servers, they can't renew their licenses or get definition updates for the subscription features like IPS).

I don't have the exact server address to hand but make sure the external interface(s) of the firewall can reach *.watchguard.com by DNS lookup (ie. make sure your DNS server settings are also configured correctly).

Otherwise you'll have to apply the license manually every month after it renews (typically 1st/2nd of the month depending on where in the world you are).

Sign In to comment.