Options

Can't Switch Categories From Allow to Deny in WebBlocker from WSM

I can't seem to switch categories in WebBlocker from Allow to Deny in WSM. If I log into WebUI as admin instead of status, it allows me to make changes to WebBlocker config but I can't log into WSM as admin. Is it possible to configure WebBlocker from WSM now as the status user?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    edited April 2022

Hi @BPL

WSM won't allow you to log in as admin -- you switch to admin when you save the changes by going to file -> save -> to firebox.

The menus aren't very intuitive here -- you should be able to change the action if you follow these steps:

(Right click the image and view it / view in new tab if you need to make it larger.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Yes, you can make any/all changes using WSM Policy Manager when logged in as the Status user.
    As James said, you need the admin/update user ID & password when you save (upload) a changed config to the firewall.

• Options

Ah thanks makes a lot more sense. Very helpful. Thanks guys. I was trying to left/right-click on Allow to get some kind of drop down or menu to alter it. Not entirely the most intuitive place to put the drop down but whatever works, I'll stick with it. :)

Sign In to comment.