Options

Fallback for Active Connections

I have active-passive firecluster setup running version 12.8 (Build 657104) and i have muti-wan setup with failover for the two external internet connections. I know my options for Fallback for Active Connections are

Immediate failback — Select this option if you want the Firebox to immediately stop all existing connections.

OR

Gradual failback — Select this option if you want the Firebox to continue to use the failover interface for existing connections until each connection is complete.

which is better option for the users? My goal is for the failover transition when it does happen is to be seamless to users.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Kamikaze
    I would suggest using gradual if you have any connections that are connection sensitive (like VoIP, RDP, etc.) Immediate Failback is generally better if your backup connection is metered or very expensive to use (think like a satellite connection or a metered 4G connection) as it will force the connections back over to the less expensive line even if it breaks the connection in the process.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Thanks James

Sign In to comment.