Authpoint and Windows 10 Home

Is Authpoint supported in the following situation
1)Clients are Windows 10 Home. (Does not support AzureAD Join, nor Intune policies)
2)Users want to log on with their Microsoft account to Windows 10 Home, rather than use a local Windows account to logon.
If this is supported in Authpoint?
Do I just create the link to AzureAD from Watchguard Cloud as if the PC's are AzureAD Joined, or is their a different setup sequence to forward the Authpoint authentication to the correct Microsoft system to authenticate the user?

Comments

• If it doesn't support Azure AD Join, creating the link won't help too much.

According to this article as long as you have an AuthPoint account that matches the credentials of the local account you should be able to do it. They just may not be "Synced"

It also doesn't support Windows Hello or PIN so if you have to login to a Microsoft account that requires that you will have issues... because last I checked Windows 10 home doesn't allow local accounts.

• edited March 2022

IE Microsoft accounts are most likely not supported due to how they work and almost require some of the Windows Hello functionality to work...
    We can wait for WG to respond and see what they say though...

Not sure why your company would load AuthPoint on windows 10 home devices ... businesses should be deploying Windows 10 pro lest they want to breach Microsoft's EULA that states that Windows 10 home is for personal use...

If computer is owned by user (IE is personal PC) I advise against AuthPoint Logon app since there is not an easy way to remove agent when/ if employee leaves.

If computer is owned by company, I advise upgrading licenses to Windows 10 Pro and managing the computer like it is owned by a business, not a personal user.

• Windows 11 does not have local users. Windows 10 you can create with local users with the command line/powershell and even the Gui (Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users/Select Add someone else to this PC. Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    Adding them to groups is a little different but can also be done from the Command Line

• WIndows 11 Home does allow local accounts, but it is a bit of a faff

Sign In to comment.