Rugged model like T35-R but with newer Fireware support?

While the T35-R has only been out for probably 2.5 years, I am wondering if there is in the pipeline a successor to this model that is suitable for industrial settings, but runs a newer OS (given the T35 series can only run 12.5.9) - say something based on the T40 series.

I am investigating for a client a potential setup that could use something like this (given their environment) however it would benefit better with some of the features only available from 12.7/12.8 onwards.

Not to say the T35-R won't work for them, but it could be marginally easier to implement the solution if it were a device that would be capable of Fireware 12.7/12.8.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @PhilT_VIT
    At this current time no successor to the T35-R has been announced. What specific features are you looking for on the T35-R?

The goal is to maintain feature parity when possible on those devices.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @james.carson said:
    Hi @PhilT_VIT
    At this current time no successor to the T35-R has been announced. What specific features are you looking for on the T35-R?

The goal is to maintain feature parity when possible on those devices.

I figured as much re the feature parity and it makes sense.

Ideally if there was say a rugged version of the T40 (given this is the replacement for the regular T35) that would probably work out the best at this stage, but I assume that the 12.5.x firmware will end up being maintained for the T35-R much like the 12.1.3 one is for the remaining XTM devices that have not reached end of life yet?

Things like the External VLAN enhancements (and potentially any future ones in 12.8.x) are nice to have especially given any potential deployment of these I would imagine being in place for quite some time (noting the regular T35 platform is end of life in 2025).

On our side nobody has commented on it yet, but I may find it difficult to recommend the T35-R given it is based on a platform (T35) that is going end of life in a few years (even though it itself might not be), if that makes sense.

Sign In to comment.