Upgrade of an existing XTMv to latest Firmware

Hello,

We currently are using an XTMv appliance on which the LiveSecurity feature has recently expired. We are in the process of deciding whether to renew the existing XTMv features and license or purchase a new FireboxV appliance. In the meantime, can we still upgrade the existing XTMv to the latest firmware or will we encounter any technical difficulties in the upgrade process due to the expired LiveSecurity license? I have been able to download the upgrade files from the Downloads section without issue.

Thanks

Indi

Comments

• For a hardware firewall, upgrades are not possible after the LiveSecurity license has expired. The upgrade does not work when tried.
    I expect the same for the virtual versions too.

• For FireboxV, yes if the LiveSecurity license has expired it fails to upgrade (tried this with an eval FireboxV and one which the MSSP licensing didn't update itself for a separate reason).
    The web admin lets you check and download the update, but then fails due to the licensing not being active.

I'd expect the same for XTMv.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Indi
    If you're in the process of a trade-up, I'd suggest asking the sales person you're working with for a temporary feature key for the XTMv.

Note that the XTM line is only able to upgrade to v 12.1.3, so any new features, etc, won't be available on XTMv.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Indi
    I was able to find your case, and generated a temporary key for you. Please see the instructions in your case for how to load the key onto your XTMv.

If you are considering a renewal, I would suggest asking your sales person about a trade-up instead, as you'll likely get a better value via that option.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.