Options

How to uninstall WatchGuard Mobile VPN SSL using PDQ Deploy

I am trying to figure out how to uninstall the mobile ssl vpn client using pdq deploy. Does anyone know the steps?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @tcannon
    I don't have any information specific to your app, but the SSLVPN is a standard MSI package. There will be a checkbox in the uninstall process that asks if you also want to de-register the TAP (Tunnel Adapter.)

If you need assistance using the PDQ Deploy system, I'd suggest contacting that vendor's support for assistance.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

So, I found the uninstall file. However, I am confused about the aspect of the silent parameters. This is the parameter I have for the mass install using PDQ deploy "${sharedPath}WG-MVPN-SSL_11_12_2.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /NORESTART" What would be the correct file after the shared path for the unistall?

• Options

@tcannon
    The VPN client uninstall will likely fail due to the checkbox I previously mentioned
    The variable/path is specific to the app you're using (pdq deploy) so we're unable to assist with determining if that's correct.

-James Carson

• Options

The checkboxes will be passed by the silent parameters. if you see above it has ${sharedPath}WG-MVPN-SSL_11_12_2.exe. What will be the correct exe to use to uninstall?

• Options

The actual executable for the SSLVPN is "wgsslvpnc.exe," but "wgsslvpnsrc.exe" is also installed. If you installed the TAP driver you will also need to uninstall that, since running silently will disable the option to uninstall this.

Like I mentioned previously, I'd expect this to fail due to the dependency on the TAP driver.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.