Options

Watch guard IP sec VPN Software issue with M1 Chip Macbook

We are facing issue with Watch guard firebox Ip sec Mobile VPN client on M1 based Mac book, after installation it give some firewall not activate error please reboot. after multiple reboot, multiple re installation its give same error. anyone who facing same error. any solution available. also that software is not updated from 2019.and only work on Intel based processors not workign on M1 chip.

*removed link -jc

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @TarunKumar

The IPSec client won't work on an M1 Mac at this time -- we're working on an update for it.

In the interim, I'd suggest using one of the VPN options that uses the built in VPN client on the Mac such as IKEv2.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Good morning. I have good news for those of you struggling with the M1 Mac and SSL VPN. My boss figured it out and I was thrilled! Here is what we did;

go to OPENVPN.NET - download and install OpenVPN Connect V3 - at time of writing -

then log in to your WatchGuard Fireware XTM - that's what it was for us anyway - Download the Mobile VPN with SSL client profile - and follow whatever prompts you get..sorry, I forgot to record any more info than that I was so excited...!

• Options
    edited October 2023

@TechSupportUser

We've just encountered this problem and, shilst the OpenVPN client connects, we get no DNS resolution across the tunnel. i.e. The client only uses local DNS. Have you had this issue too?

I opened a support case with WatchGuard and after some testing they suggested I add the following entries into the VPN client config file:
    dhcp-option DNS x.x.x.x
    dhcp-option DNS x.x.x.x
    dhcp-option DOMAIN x.x

However, this doesn't appear to have made any difference.
    Also, aren't the DNS options above supposed to be handled by their SSL server?

Sign In to comment.