Options

Updating Firmware through WatchGuard Cloud

Hi,

I'm setting up new Firebox T20's and T40's and going through initial setup for the units. I was wondering if it was possible to update the firmware from the cloud portal. The T20 I'm currently working with is version 12.7.1.B643779. It shows Upgrade Firmware to v12.7.2.B647073 (Latest Version) as an option under the device, but when I click on it, it says that no devices have a firmware upgrade available. The knowledge base says that anything past v12.5.2 should have the ability to take firmware updates from the cloud. It would be much simpler when I'm setting up 8-10 units to push the update from the cloud instead of having to log into each one individually. Thanks in advance!

Adam

Best Answer

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

Hi @Adam_Fontenot

There's currently an issue where some boxes may not show as upgradable (as
    you're running into.) We're currently looking into this and hope to have a fix implemented soon.

In the meantime, if you need to get up and running, you can upgrade the devices manually before joining them to the cloud (you can find the software at software.watchguard.com.)

If you're still running into the issue, I'd suggest opening a support case with what devices you're running into the issue with, and we can help get this corrected.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.