Options

FYI - macOS Monterey 12.0.1 Does Not Support the AuthPoint Logon App

New Known Issue:

macOS Monterey 12.x does not support the AuthPoint Logon App
https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Known Issues&SFDCID=kA16S000000SNVlSAO&lang=en_US

The AuthPoint Logon App for macOS does not support the latest Apple release, macOS Monterey 12.x. Users who have the Logon App installed on supported macOS versions and then upgrade to Monterey can no longer log in to their workstations. New installations of the Logon App on macOS Monterey 12.x fail with the same behavior.

The Logon App uninstallation requires the user to perform advanced steps. The Logon App must be uninstalled at the direction of WatchGuard Customer Support or the Mac must be reimaged to regain access.

From an email today from WG, which references the above Known Issue:
"We will soon provide a new version of the Logon App to fix the issue with Monterey, but in the meantime we ask you to avoid upgrading to Monterey on any computer with the AuthPoint Logon App installed. If a Monterey upgrade has occurred and the user cannot log on, please contact WatchGuard Technical Support for assistance on how to disable the Logon App and prevent reinstallation of the operating system."

Comments

• Options

Bruce / All - does anyone know if watch guard will be supported in the future for this version of OS? I am currently working in Catalina and my VPN access works however I am going to be buying a new Mac which is going to put me on the newer OS which I know has known compatibility issues. Just trying to understand if there will be a new version or patch to allow vpn to work with Monterey, Kodiak, and beyond?

Thank you -

Lenny

• Options

From the Known Issue link above:

Update - 11 November 2021: On 11 November 2021, WatchGuard released an updated version of the Logon App for macOS, v1.11.0.92. This updated version now supports macOS Monterey 12.x. If you have a previous version of the Logon App for macOS installed, you must upgrade the Logon App before you upgrade macOS to Monterrey.

For any future version of Mac OS - it depends on IF Apple removes the abilibty for 3rd party VPNs to work ...

Sign In to comment.