Options

Feature Request: Enable multi-monitor support for RDP sessions

We are attempting to implement the Access Portal - primarily to provide RDP access to workstations in our office. However, most of the users of those workstations are designers who frequently use dual-monitor configurations and need that capability to be effective while working from home. The expectation would be the same as when multi-monitor support is enabled by the client for a Windows RDP client - would assume that they have multiple monitors on the host and a matching number of monitors on the client using the Access Portal. If this capability already exists, please let me know how to configure. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @admin@wwengineers.com

This isn't a feature at this current point in time, but there is an open feature request for it. This is FBX-19095.
    If your users require multi-monitor support, I'd suggest using/setting up one of the VPN options so that the users can connect using the terminal services client installed on most PCs.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

hello watchguard, has there been any update with FBX-19095 for dual screen support?

• Options

Hello @Adrian_Tullio
    There is no current ETA on this feature. If you'd like to follow progress on it, please create a support case and mention FBX-19095.

-James Carson

• Options

Hi Watchguard, do you have any more updates on FBX-19095 for dual screen support? Is there anything I can do to upvote this feature request?

• Options

Hi @MikeD
    There hasn't been any change on this feature -- if you'd like to follow the issue, I'd suggest creating a support case and mentioning FBX-19095 - the tech assigned the case can set that up for you. A support case tagged with an issue is sometimes used by the project management team to gauge interest in a feature request.

There are two main issues that would need to be overcome:

-Access Portal's RDP component is based on Apache's Guacamole, which does not support multiple monitors at this point in time.

-If access portal did support multiple monitor RDP, the CPU and memory requirements would likely be doubled for any user. For some of the smaller firewalls, such as the T-series firewalls, there may simply not be enough resources to handle this in a usable way.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.