Import Microsoft PEM certificate

Hi,

I am getting this error on a T40 12.7.1:
2021-10-12 14:04:14 pxy Peer certificate preverify failed (err 20 : unable to get local issuer certificate) for [/C=US/ST=Washington/L=Redmond/O=Microsoft Corporation/CN=Microsoft ECC Content Distribution Secure Server CA 2.1] (cert 0x293baeb0, store 0x2912f800) Debug

Trying to install the certificate says i have to install the root certificate first.
This is it:
http://www.microsoft.com/pkiops/certs/Microsoft ECC TS Root Certificate Authority 2018.crt

at https://www.microsoft.com/pkiops/docs/repository.htm

Trying to import it in FSM says it is not a valid PEM base64 format?

How do i import all the Microsoft root certificates?

/Robert

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @rv@kaufmann.dk

Open the cert .crt file in windows.
    -Go to the details tab.
    -Click Copy to File.
    -Click Next.
    -Click the "Base 64 encoded x.509 .cer" option. Click Next.
    -Choose where you'd like to save it. Click Next.
    -Click Finish.

Windows should generate the cert in the correct format for you, and the firewall should import it provided there's no certificates further up in that chain (there doesn't appear to be.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @james.carson said:
    Hi @rv@kaufmann.dk

Open the cert .crt file in windows.
    -Go to the details tab.
    -Click Copy to File.
    -Click Next.
    -Click the "Base 64 encoded x.509 .cer" option. Click Next.
    -Choose where you'd like to save it. Click Next.
    -Click Finish.

Windows should generate the cert in the correct format for you, and the firewall should import it provided there's no certificates further up in that chain (there doesn't appear to be.)

Thnak you.

• If you ever opened the PEM file in Notepad, it can get corrupted. If you ever need to open a PEM or CER file in an editor, use Notepad++ editor. It does not add line breaks or corrupt the files like Notepad can do.

If you open the file in Notepad and you see lines that are much longer than the other lines, then Notepad ate the file.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.