Options

Integration Authpoint with Mikrotik

Hi Everyone, my name is Dwi from Indonesia. I'm having trouble integrating authpoint with Mikrotik. Overall, the integration of authpoint with Mikrotik is going well; I've tried dialing a VPN using the PPTP or L2TP protocols with users from Authpoint-DB with no problems.

The problem is that when I try to contact a VPN using a user from the LDAP database, I receive the following message from the audit log Authpoint: "The LDAP user configuration is not valid."

My LDAP server may sync with authpoint, resulting in the appearance of groups and users.

Has anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @dwi.yf

AuthPoint is likely not receiving an attribute or other information that it is expecting from LDAP. If you're using L2TP, it's likely via the Windows client. I'm unaware of how MicroTik handles password transport, but the password hash is usually passed directly to the authentication server itself. Since the windows clients use MSCHAP, we need to leverage windows NPS.

I'd suggest trying to set it up as a RADIUS resource so that this older auth type can be read.

I'd suggest completely avoiding PPTP, as it's encrypted using DES which is trivial to decrypt. PPTP hasn't been considered secure for a number of years.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.