Options

Log Server could not connect to the database. Re-trying...

Hello everyone,

I have installed the Watchguard Log Server on a Windows Server 2019. But after finishing the wizard I am unable to change settings for the Log Server in the WatchGuard Server Center. In the bottom right corner of the windows is shown the following message:
Log Server could not connect to the database. Re-trying...

Under windows services the PostgreSQL-8.2 service is not started and I am unable to start the service manually.

Currently our Log Server is on another Windows Server 2012 R2 installed and is working without a problem.

So the problem might be the PostgreSQL-8.2 service. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Comments

• Options

I found the solution. Make sure your SYSTEM Account has full access on the directory, where the database of the Log Server is installed.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @jonathan
    I'd suggest looking to see if your windows server supports the Hyper-V role and installing that with Dimension if it's possible. The old Log/Report server only gets major security fixes going forward.

If you prefer the old LRS server, make sure that the database directory you're using doesn't have anything scanning it. Antivirus and/or backup programs that LOCK files can cause problems if they lock the file while the LRS is trying to write data to it, and can lead to a corrupt server database.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.