Front Panel Loading Slow

Good Morning,

I have two M370's in a FireCluster. When I login to the routers the Front Panel page always takes around a minute or so before anything populates. Its just white.

Any ideas? This is typically only on the initial load.

Answers

• Using the Web UI ?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @travis_tmb
    It sounds like the firewal is stuck trying to load some resource and if it all pops up at once is eventually timing out.

If you're not on the latest firmware, I'd suggest starting there.

Depending on how much data is loading and what populates, it could be multiple issues.

-Check that your firewall has a DNS server defined that resolves hosts.
    -If you're using SSO (Single sign on) make sure your SSO agent is online and responding.
    -If the firewall is very busy (the CPU is showing high usage in the CPU graph) consider using dimension, which will offload the logging/reporting to the Dimension VM.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hello,

Yep we just updated to the latest version yesterday. It was actually doing this before as well.

DNS Server should be good. CPU Usage is never above 2-3%

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

We can certainly look into it via a support case if you like to get more information about what's happening on your device.

If you decide to open a case, please do the following:
    -Open the webUI and log in.
    -click on system status and right click Diagnostics (open a new tab there so the front panel continues trying to load.)
    -As soon as the front panel appears in the other tab, click the link to download a support log file. That should contain any logs that were happening while that was generating, and help determine what the issue might be.

Please don't post a support file here, as it contains personally identifiable information about your firewall which would be avaialble to anyone on the internet.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.