Options

AP 120 does not reset

Trying to remove a AP 120 from the cloud total secure. I have blocked the AP from accessing anything except for the Firebox. The support has expired. Removed power. Press and hold the reset button. Add power. Directions say wait at least 60 seconds. Power, lan, and 2.6 ghz are green. Never happens. I see it reboot several times but those three lights never turn green. I have held the reset for 3-5 minutes but it just does the same thing, reboots after about 40 seconds. Firewall still shows its activated with Total Secure. Why is this so hard???????????

Comments

• Options

Are you trying to get the AP connected GWC?

How to change a Total Wi-Fi or Secure Wi-Fi cloud-managed AP to a Basic Wi-Fi local-managed AP
    https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB/?type=KBArticle&SFDCID=kA2F0000000k9gmKAA&lang=en_US

• Options

Been through all that. Those lights never turn green no matter how long I press the button.

• Options

Stare harder ;-)

• Options

I think when the lights go out its reset. Now its stuck on Authenticating. They need to makes this better for how much these things cost.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @KevCar

The AP will keep trying to config itself if it can reach the cloud. it might help if you can just ensure it has no internet access. The AP will wait for 10 minutes after booting up with no access before it will try searching for anything via GWC.

If you know the password you can also try SSHing to the ap (user config, password config if it's been reset) and run the command "set local mode"

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Thanks, I have a policy that allows it to talk to the Firebox and deny everything else. Still says authenticating. The directions say to hold the reset in and plug it in and wait 60 seconds for the 3 lights to go green, Never happens. SSH password not working either. Frustrating.

• Options

It does show that the AP is being managed locally though.

• Options

Well I tried again, still the lights never turned what they were supposed to but I held the reset for 3-4 minutes. This time the AP came up as untrusted. Clicked on the trust and now its online. What a pain. How can you reset the ssh password?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Resetting the AP should reset the SSH password.

If it's coming up as untrusted, the firewall has logged into it already and changed it, it'll be whatever pairing passphrase you used in GWC.

Since it's untrusted, it's already in local mode -- you should just be able to set it as trusted now.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.