Options

Increasing 571 Delivery not authorized, message refused happenings

Hello,
since about week we have an increasing number of E-Mails which are rejected by our watchguard spam blocker with the above message. I had just such a case where someone could not send an E-Mail from a gmail account to one of our e-mail addresses. The E-Mail with the error message from gmail could be sent to my E-Mail address, obvisiouly both E-Mails accounts are one the same server and behind the same Watchguard T15 Firewall.
I believe this has been startet after upgrading from 12.5.3.B621090 to 12.5.7.B638640 last week.
Has someone similiar problems?
Florian

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

HI @FRhom

The most common reason I see this is due to a hyperlink in the email, but there are other reasons that it can happen.

If you can please open a support case, with an example of the email that is being blocked, we'd be happy to look into it.

If you're able to allow or modify subject of the mail from your spamblocker settings, you can also forward the email that's marked as spam and made it thorugh via:

Fireware v12.5.4 and higher, or Fireware v12.1.4 to Fireware v12.1.x:

spam-feedback@watchguard.com to report message samples that should have been marked as spam

notspam-feedback@watchguard.com to report message samples that should have been marked as clean, but were categorized as spam

(Report False Positives or Missed Spam)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/services/spamblocker/spam_report_false_c.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Good morning,
    it must be related to the firmware upgrade, I got the same problem on a customer system, which has also been updated to 12.5.7.B638640 last week. I will open a case with "my" e-mail but because of GDPR I am not allowed to provide the customer E-Mail.

Thanks,
    Florian

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @FRhom

We can also work with the x-watchguard spam ID in the email headers if that's helpful. You'll need to look in the message headers yourself to retrieve those without posting the whole email to the case.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.