Moving a TDR Host Sensor from one account to another

I have two WG customers that merged to form a new company at the beginning of the year. We have merged their networks, and I've merged all the WG assets into one account. Now I am looking to move all the existing host sensors into the single account. Does anyone know any way to run a CLI to do this, or am I going to need to uninstall exact host sensor and then reinstall with the new account info?

dcc

Comments

• James_CarsonJames_Carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @dcolpitts

You'll need to uninstall/reinstall. I'd suggest using AD helper to do this, it'll help automate the task.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• No - found it via Strings.exe (from the Sysinternals Suite)... Just dropped the output of "strings host_sensor.exe" to a text file and searched for clearSensorUUID (which is used when imaging machines), and from that found setAccountUUID. Know this exists, then did a Google on setAccountUUID and found this:

https://community.watchguard.com/watchguard-community/discussion/1393/account-changed-tdr-host-sensor

From there is was just matter of putting it all together.

net stop /y TDRSensorService64
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\WatchGuard\Threat Detection and Response\amd64\host_sensor.exe" /setAccountUUID=new_account_uuid
    net start TDRSensorService64

Now I'll scheduled a task with the Panda Management Agent on all machines

dcc

• This needs to be in the Knowledge base as a supported procedure..

Adrian from Australia

• James_CarsonJames_Carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @dcolpitts
    This is not a supported procedure, if anything goes wrong, I would suggest the uninstall/reinstall procedure.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.