New T Series WG

I have a WatchGuard T10. We upped our speed with Spectrum to 600, and on the Techs meter, we are actually getting 690MB.

I am getting like 98MB on my T10. Which newer version should we purchase? We do have one VPN setup. We would like to get close to the bandwidth that Spectrum is handing off.

Thanks

Chaz

Comments

• Is that T10 with current support and doing full UTM during the test? Look at this comparison https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-products/appliances-compare?pid1=216&pid2=42056&pid3=42061 to get an idea of speeds. You are going to pay a hefty price to get full UTM speed at 600Mbps. I honestly doubt that most users would even know the difference between 300Mbps and 600Mbps for email, web browsing, and a lot of file downloads. For VPN throughput, a T40 exceeds your speeds.

Gregg Hill

• What is your uplink speed?

"690MB" megabytes???? more likely megabits - 690Mb
    "98MB" megabytes or megabits?
    Max packet filter throughput for a T10 is 400 Mbps

Speed testing can be impacted by many things, including:
    . use of proxy policies
    . not having a full duplex connection between the firewall interfaces and what is connected to that interface
    . having the uplink with a high utilization
    . having 100 Mbps Ethernet connected test devices or switch ports instead of gigabit.

Make sure that none of these are causing your tested throughput to be substantially lower than the max rate for this device

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @chazrc
    For a T10, the throughput is about what I'd expect to see for one external and one trusted interface and packet filters.

For the 690Mbps speeds you're seeing via testing, our sizing tool recommends a M270. You can put in more information and view the results here:

https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-resource-center/watchguard-appliance-sizing-tool
    (I entered in 1 user, 2 gigabit ethernet interfaces, and 690Mbps required throughput.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.