Mobile VPN with SSL stopped connecting all of a sudden with no changes made
Mobile VPN with SSL v12
VPN just stopped connecting today on some workstations. It used to work fine and no changes were made. There are three tunnels active so it's working for some. I tried various versions of VPN (12.0, 12.2, 12.5) on both Win10 and a fresh install of Win7 without OS updates.
Troubleshooting wise, I disabled SSL and TLS 1.0 only leaving 1.1 and 1.2 enabled. This being a setting in IE so I don't know how it would affect third party software but that's what I found suggested all over the place. It didn't make a difference.
The error is generated before credentials are checked. I can put in fake credentials and it generates the same error so it happens before authentication.
2020-07-21T11:32:04.281 Requesting client configuration from vpn.mydomain.com:444
2020-07-21T11:32:06.230 FAILED:2020-07-21T11:32:09.181 FAILED:Cannot perform http request 12029
2020-07-21T11:32:09.188 failed to get domain name
The only difference between Windows versions is the "http request" number with 12029 being on Win10 and 12031 on Win7