How do i configure a NoIP DDNS account for external access to my firebox?

Hello, so far I have my DDNS account configured and updating status, I would like to use these for external access to my firebox and later for vpn purposes.

Answers

• Use the DDNS domain name for your VPN or other access to the external IP address of your firewall.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @pablo_dguez

For administrative access, DNS resolution happens before the firewall ever receives the traffic. It won't be able to distinguish between requests you made by host name, or by IP.

For Branch Office VPNs, the local/remote gateway settings should have a section for dynamic address, select by domain name, and use your DDNS setting.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks for the help @James_Carson and @Bruce_Briggs !! I guess Ill try the VPN, I read the documentation and the OS of my device is only compatible with the VPN.

• You can use the public FQDN of your dynamic DNS service as a pointer to your Firebox on any port you desire. You can point it to the SSLVPN, to the authentication page on 4100, to the web UI page on 8080, and you can use it as the target for other VPNs such as the IKEv2 VPN.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.