Options

I can log in to the WebUI using either the status or admin password but I can only log in to the WSM using the status password. Is there a way to log in to the WSM using the admin password in the first place rather than enter it whenever I need to make a config change?

Comments

• Options

Never mind, I think the WSM only accepts the status password upon initial connection.

• Options

You can create a new User and add it as a Device Administrator.
    Then you can log in and do config save in WSM, just with this Device Admin user…

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/role-based_admin/device-rba_users-roles_c.html

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@justanotheruser
    This is intentional, you must log in as status.
    -Only one 'admin' user can log in to the WebUI at the same time (or if multiple admins are enabled, only one can have change access enabled at the same time.
    -Only one user can use admin to save changes at the same time in policy manager.

Rather than the workaround that Kimmo suggested, I would suggest sticking with the status (or a new user with the same permissions.) It prevents you from making changes when someone else is logged in, and requires you to escalate privileges when needed.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.