Options

Bypass for AuthPoint on SSL VPN V12.7.2

I have recently setup AuthPoint on V12.7.2 using the Watchguard Cloud managed topology - i.e. users created in WC and no gateway running on a local server and the firebox as the resource. All works great!

In putting together the documentation for the end users I got to the point in my FAQ "What to do if you have forgotten your token"

I can see that there is a Forgot Token option, which requires IDP......so I set that up and you can apply a bypass, but after you have applied the bypass the VPN fails to connect.

It doesn't challenge for MFA, but I assume because the VPN isn't an application with SAML this is the wrong approach.

FYI - After the allotted time the VPN started to challenge for MFA - just to save anyone else having a panic if they were to apply it!

Any help would be appreciated - as I am getting little or no response from WG Tech Support

Cheers

Iain

Answers

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @IainKilner
    Would you be able to provide the case number that you're working on - I can go check it and that it's with the appropriate team to help.

If you're looking to bypass AuthPoint entirely, alternate authentication servers can be set up. Once they're set up and enabled in the SSLVPN, you access them by specifying the server and the user. (For example, my AD domain is james.local, so I'd use james.local\james to log in.

If you wish to change the server for all users, you can change the default server.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.