Delete profile from Watchguard VPN client

We are using the Watchguard mobile VPN client and I have multiple VPN profiles. For some reason the delete button is greyed out. Does not matter which profile I select I cannot hit the delete button. This seems like a silly question but how do I delete excess profiles? I also tried with and without a default profile and selecting one that isn't default.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Beau
    As far as I'm aware, the only instance where this might happens is when the VPN Client is connected. If you haven't done so already, try sliding the connection slider to red and then go to configuration -> profiles.

If that still doesn't work, I'd suggest creating a support case so that one of our reps can hop in and help. You can do that by clicking Support Center on the top right of the page.
    Please note somewhere in the description that it's the WatchGuard IPSec client (to differentiate it from the SSLVPN client.)

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi James,

Yes the client is disconnected and the delete button is greyed out. I have a ticket open right now for another VPN issue so I will ask the rep how to do this.

Thank you.

Beau

• Hi James,

The support rep gave me this link. It says the profile is locked by administrator. But the location of the config file is not in the location list in the document.

I found it in C:\ProgramData\WatchGuard\Mobile VPN\data

I deleted the file and it removed all the profiles. Maybe the document is out of date.

https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Article&SFDCID=kA10H000000g3EESAY&lang=en_US

Sign In to comment.