Help! Mobile VPN IKEv2 Cannot connect

2»

Comments

• edited January 2022

The patch did work for me yesterday 1/18/2022. My vpn in windows connecting to our Firebox T50 stopped connecting after I updated windows on 1/14/22 with "Cannot connect...General Processing Error" The additional update yesterday resolved the issue after a reboot.

• And yes, I can connect with L2TP too. I have not tried IKEv2

• I wonder if there's anything else we must do to get this optional update. I'm running 21H1 with no more updates to install. Not seeing it in the optional.

• We're on 20H2 and as of now, still did not see the optional update.

• edited January 2022

I know how to manually download but can't install it without Administrator permission. Easiest solution is just to give my users Administrator login credentials but I don't want to do that. Long story short, I am stuck waiting for this crap to be available.

I'm just glad I only have 2 Windows 10 laptops working remotely and 1 of them is local. The rest is Windows 7, the last known good Windows OS.

• This is a question for Microsoft.
    Nothing any of us can do about this.
    It either shows or doesn't in Windows Update, and we have no control over it either way.

• I know. I don't think I am that dumb. Just venting my frustration here. I've tried using TeamViewer to install the patch. I can take control of the laptop but TeamViewer has a built-in security feature to stop me from installing software on remote PC. As soon as UAC pops up for Admin credentials, TeamViewer freezes. I can't see the remote PC any longer.

• The out of band patch did fix IKEv2 VPN.

• I was having this problem too and KB5010793 fixed it. It wasn't listed as optional though, it only showed up after I updated my system to 21H2. Once I took the feature update, it appeared as "2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5010793)". I installed that and rebooted and now my VPN works again.

• @gpburdell said:
    I was having this problem too and KB5010793 fixed it. It wasn't listed as optional though, it only showed up after I updated my system to 21H2. Once I took the feature update, it appeared as "2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5010793)". I installed that and rebooted and now my VPN works again.

Does KB5010793 appear as Optional Update on version 21H2?

My work PC still runs 21H1. I'm still not seeing KB5010793 today and VPN is still broken.

• It was on my 21H2 list.

• UPDATE

Windows Update never offers me KB5010793 but today it installs KB5010342 and Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1525. One of those updates fixes IKEv2 VPN.

• thanks morpheus27

Sign In to comment.