AuthPoint Gateway is a lightweight software application

I like the specification of the gateway software "AuthPoint Gateway is a lightweight software application..." in https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/authpoint/authpoint_deployment-guide.html

I just checked and my gateway services is using 1643MB of memory. Not that lightweight, i believe.

Regards
Robert

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Robert,

Does it use this amount of memory all the time?
    The gateway consists of a few components (Gateway, RADIUS, LDAP, and ADFS agents.)

I'd also suggest making sure you're on the latest version -- the installer can be found in the AuthPoint area of WatchGuard Cloud.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• @james.carson

Yes, but to be a bit fair this is the amount used by all 4 authpoint services combined, but still nearly 700MB for just one of them.
    I not sure this qualifies as a lightweight client.

I am on the latest version.

/Robert

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Robert,

This sounds like a support case -- we'll need to get logs to determine why the service is taking up so much memory.

The ticketing system should allow you to create a case without a firewall serial number for AuthPoint related cases (just choose product family "watchguard endpoint security" and you should see authpoint under product.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you. I´ll do.

• @james.carson

I did open a case, 01638367, and the memory usage is normal and to be expected. And if this is the case, i think WG should update the documentation and remove the word "lightweight" client and give a hint of the expected memory usage the services as a minimum will use.

Even at boot time the memory usage total starts from 600MB.

/Robert

• RyanTaitRyanTait WatchGuard Representative

Hi Robert,

James and I have your case now. There will be a request for a bunch of information posted to it shortly.

Sign In to comment.