Options

What happens to the balance of my existing subscription when I tradeup?

Hi there! I'm currently using a T35 with 3yr BSS. It expires 6/2022. I'm considering a tradeup purchase now (vs. closer to expiration) to a T40 with 1yr BSS. What happens to the balance of the subscription of the T35 I already paid for if I decide to tradeup early? Will the expiry of my T40 1yr BSS be exactly one year from activation? Will it expire in 6/2023? Something else? Or do I lose it?

Best Answer

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

Hi @StarIsland1916
    The remaining time stays on the old device -- trading up just hides the device.

If you'd like the remaining time moved to your new device, please create a customer care case using the Support Center link at the top right of the page.

Please include:
    -The serial number of the old device that is being retired.
    -The serial number of the new device.
    -That you'd like the balance of your licensing for the old device transferred to the new device.

Customer care can calculate the value of the licensing and apply it to the new device for you.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Answers

• Options

Hi,
    Is this transfer also possible on models expiring June 2023 ?
    Co terming is more expensive than 1 year renewal.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @John_Lavendy
    under most circumstances it should be possible, so long as the device has time to move to a new device.

Contact customer care via a support ticket (use the support center link at the top right of this page) and they should be able to tell you what can be moved and how many days it converts over to on your new appliance.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.