Cannot allocate TUN/TAP dev dynamically on macOS

Hi,

We have been using the VPN client for years, but new macOS users are all seeing this problem on Big Sur. Oddly, another user is also on Big Sur, but has no problems. Has anyone seen this problem before and got a fix please? Our support company have run out of ideas.

Comments

• Looks like it's an issue with Big Sur 11.x. Anyone found a workaround?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Chris_Arnold
    What type of VPN are you using (IKEv1/IPSec, IKEv2, L2TP, SSL?) and if it's IKEv1/IPSec or SSL, what version of the client are you using?

Based on the log, it sounds like the SSLVPN client -- if you aren't already running the 12.7 client, try grabbing it and installing it on the macs that are having the issue.

Direct link ->
    https://cdn.watchguard.com/SoftwareCenter/Files/MUVPN_SSL/12_7/WG-MVPN-SSL_12_7.dmg

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited November 2021

I just got a new MacBookPro running Monterey and I got this message despite using 12.7.2 VPN SSL. Looking for a workaround or improvement. Thanks

• Since this is supposed to work, you should open a support incident to get help from WG on resolving this

• I've seen this a couple of times on Mac's. Usually it is related to a update on the Mac.

Just download and reinstall the client and the problem should be fixed.

Sign In to comment.