Feature Request: SNMP for link monitor

Hello, we are managing close to 1000 devices and we would like to poll link monitor status through SNMP. Currently we are implementing a logic that checks the metric of the route etc. SNMP would simplify things by a lot.
Thanks!

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @michalis.e

You should be able to use ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus should be able to provide information if the interface is marked up or not.

You can read more about what SNMP MIBs the firewall supports here:

(About Management Information Bases (MIBs))
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/basicadmin/snmp_about_mibs_c.html

(Enterprise MIB File Details)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/basicadmin/snmp_mibs_details_c.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hello @james.carson

Many thanks, that was what we were looking for :smile:

• I could use this as well. isOperStatus and isadminStatus will still show up if the link monitor are unable to receive a response from a specified address. It would be very useful to have a MIB to get if the Link Monitor is reporting Available for Failed for each interface.

• I'd like to see a MIB for Link Monitor status, too. The ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus show always UP even if the WAN is down but the link with the router is up.

• This is something I have been looking for as well and a necessity for me to be able to monitor all failover interfaces properly. All I wanna know is if the interface is Available or Failed... How hard can it really be to implement this?

I have a case open but the only information I get is that they have a request open "FBX-8501 - SNMP OID for Multi-WAN Link status"

• Hi @james.carson
    Do you have any information on this in general or on the FBX-8501?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@MichaelNilsson Please use your case to request that information.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited June 2023

Hi all, any update in this request? We also need SNMP OID to check the WANs status. Thanks!

• I have asked several times in my case but the only answers I get is "I reviewed the status of feature enhancement, but did not find an update for a time of release."

As time progresses and our customer networks are becoming more complex this is more and more starting to become a deal breaker for us since we can't monitor failover links in a good manner.

• edited June 2023

@MichaelNilsson said:
    I have asked several times in my case but the only answers I get is "I reviewed the status of feature enhancement, but did not find an update for a time of release."

As time progresses and our customer networks are becoming more complex this is more and more starting to become a deal breaker for us since we can't monitor failover links in a good manner.

I agree, there a lot of checks possible by OID pretty useless and this "key/foundamental" check isn't present.
    Now I open a case to enforce your initial request Michael and I try to ask to country manager here in Italy to push the request, I've a direct contact. Cross fingers!

Sign In to comment.