DHCP reservation

Is there a way to set reservation from the DHCP Leases page? It is not possible that I have to set the IP address, mac address in the network configuration !!! Whathguard is the only one I know of without this option.

Comments

• This is not an option.

• this sucks, thanks for nothing WG

• If this is a feature that you want, you can post for it on the Product Enhancements section.

• What do you mean by "It is not possible that I have to set the IP address, mac address in the network configuration"?

Do you mean that you are unable to set a reservation there?

Gregg Hill

• The question was from the DHCP Leases page, not from the config page

• @briggsbd1 said:
    The question was from the DHCP Leases page, not from the config page

I get his meaning now, but the way it is worded sounds like he is unable to "set the IP address, mac address in the network configuration".

Gregg Hill

• I don't even understand the requirement. Why do you need to set the reservation from the leases page? Is this some way of avoiding the need to type in (or just copy and paste) a MAC address into the network configuration page? I am pretty sure that you can't do this on a Microsoft Server.

Adrian from Australia

• @xxup said:
    I don't even understand the requirement. Why do you need to set the reservation from the leases page? Is this some way of avoiding the need to type in (or just copy and paste) a MAC address into the network configuration page? I am pretty sure that you can't do this on a Microsoft Server.

It can be done on a Windows server right from the DHCP leases page, but to me, it is UTTERLY USELESS to make a reservation from there because once it creates the reservation, the IP is LOCKED to the random one it initially received, which in my cases, has NEVER been the IP I want it to have.

I just don't get the drama here because reservation is SO EASY to set up.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.