Options

Link aggregation - Vlan

Hi

I have a problem with my Link aggregations that don’t seem stable at all.

Here is my situation:

On the one hand I have a switch (Netgear 52 ports) with 2 vlans (vlan10 and vlan20) and 2 lacp aggregations lag10 and lag20 (3 ports each). LAG are untagged.

On the other hand i have a Watchguard T70 whose port 3, 4, 5 are in one link aggregation (802.3ad) named server and port 6, 7, 8 in another link aggregation named user
I don't have any vlan in my watchguard.

Saturday it worked perfectly but there are more and more problems of connection between the two lans (lost ping and connexion to web services)

Have you ever run such a system? It absolutely takes 2 vlans in the T70 for this system to work?

have you a solution to my problem?

Thanking you early, greetings

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @FSF

The LAG settings must match between the switch and the firewall. If they don't, the LAG will either not work at all, or end up in failover mode.

Since a T70 generally isn't dealing with speeds over a gigabit, I'd also suggest potentially using one port per VLAN rather than trying to LAG the two of them together in what is going to be two ports anyways.

If you continue to have this issue, I'd suggest opening a support incident so that our team can look into this further.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.