Options

Secondary IP down, when PPPOE is down.

Hello,
this behavior is not helpful when you want to have a look at the adsl/vdsl modem

mfg
norman

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Norman
    If you're looking at an external DSL modem, the firebox usually won't be acting as the PPPoE device.
    If you're looking at one of our devices that have integrated DSL modems, we generally don't bring the devices online unless we're trying to dial or are actively using it.

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest opening a support case so we can get more information and then get a feature request made to get the device to behave how you're expecting in that situation.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

If you're looking at an external DSL modem, the firebox usually won't be acting as the PPPoE device.

i would say with dsl/vdsl firebox in most cases is acting as ppoe device.
    otherwise the modem would have to NAT ( not a good solution ) ,route ( need more ip adresses from provider ) or bridge ( not available by most modems ) mode.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

HI @Norman
    If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest opening a support case so we can get more information and get a feature request and/or bug set up for you. If you already have a case open, can you please reply with the case number so I can get it to the right team to get this done for you?

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.