Options

IKE2 Windows 10 Stopped Working

Hello, Not sure if this is a spread issue but since yesterday more and more workstation have an issue connecting to my Watchguard Devices via IKE2.
Everything was working and all of the sudden clients all over started complaining that IKE2 returns a message that it is not able to establish a connection with the VPN server (servers). Today my workstation started behaving also this way to all my IKE2 connections.
While trying to upgrade 1 clients OS the firewall was not able to connect directly to the online firmware repository.
What is going on guys? Do you have an issue with your certificates?

Comments

• Options

Did you change any of the IKEv2 Shared Settings in the Firebox?
    Windows 10 doesn't natively support anything past Diffie-Hellman Group 14 I believe. My Firebox is at Diffie-Hellman Group 19 (for my BOVPN connections) and my Windows 10 clients are unable to connect via IKEv2.

It's usually something simple.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Koutsok
    The certificate that's used by IKEv2 VPN is generated on the firewall itself. Unless it's expired, there shouldn't be a problem with it.

It sounds like you may be having both a DNS issue and a VPN issue. I'd suggest creating a support case (click on support center on the top right or call 1.877.232.3531) and we can look into this more deeply. Troubleshooting IKE issues like this generally requires a look at the logs.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.