SSL VPN Silent Install

Running: Firebox M300 on 12.5.5. Is there a silent install for the Mobile VPN SSL Client? I was able to silently kick off the install with the /silent switch but after some progress, I get a windows that asks if I want to install the TAP-Windows Provider.

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• LOL. verysilent. Thanks for the reply!

• I use these switches for my silent deployment:
    /silent /verysilent /Components=main,tapdriver /tasks=desktopicon

Also, because the SSL certificate for openVPN is required to successfully install the TAP adapter, even though it's specified above, I deploy it with group policy before I deploy the VPN package.

-Chris

• Hi Chris, Can you elaborate on your statement about deploying the TAP adapter with GP? I'm not sure how to do that.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@IT_Mgr
    Most customers make a script and assign that script via group policy. You can see more about making that here:
    https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Known Issues&SFDCID=kA10H000000g3UBSAY

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thank you, I'll check it out.

• ok, I got it to export but, I'm a little confused about how to handle the certificate. Where should I store that cert so PDQ can find it? The command doesn't seem to point to any location

Also, This is the last line from the article you pointed to. I'm not sure how to add the line below.

"In your installation script, before the actual program install, you can now add this line to import the certificate:
    Run 'certutil -addstore -f "TrustedPublisher" OpenVPN.cer' Show Waitdown Task:1"

• Nevermind I figured it out. Sometimes, I freak out a little bit, when all I needed to do was lean on what I already know. Probably TMI but, thanks for helping.

Sign In to comment.