how to overcome missing firecluster on firebox cloud instances

Hi All

I would like to continue to use Watchguard Firewalls on our Azure tenancies as we have them deployed across our on-premise networks, but the lack of HA means its not viable. Checking other options, most competitors in this market use Azure LBs one in front of the firewalls and one behind, granted they have a HA sync which makes them fully HA but I would be happy if we could do the same with firebox cloud instances on the knowledge changes would need to be made to each firebox due to lack of HA syncing. Got no where with Watchguard support, they just keep responding with a link to confirm HA is not available so asking you.... the community for guidance or your thoughts on this.

Regards

Comments

• Thanks Kimmo, I thought I could still use LBs but couldn't get Watchguard support to clarify- I will configure this later today.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @icm

I can confirm that HA isn't avaialble in Azure at this time.

I looked around for cases with Azure and HA and couldn't find any recent open cases -- if you have any case numbers where the support tech was providing incomplete information I'd be happy to look into them.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi James

My case number is 01522928

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @icm

Looking at your case, you referred to Azure Load Balancers simply as "LBs" -- I don't think the tech was ignoring you here, but simply thought you were referring to a cluster as a Load Balancer (which many customers do, particularly in Active/Active situations.)

I'll ask the tech assigned to the case to review it, and reply with more information, or escalate the case.

Thank you for the feedback.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks James, the Tech sent me the same link as Kimmo did earlier. I am planning to do the install tonight.

Sign In to comment.