Options

SSL VPN run bat, exe, cmd, after connected

Hi,

i use product "Mobile VPN with SSL client" for connections.
I have ask ... supported the client "up" parameter - for run bat, cmd, exe files after connecting to a VPN?

If so, type whether it only supports them on the command line or also in the configuration file and specify the format in which the path can be entered (whether it supports a UNC path, or whether a double double backslash is required - syntax).

Thank you

Comments

• Options

I must download client.ovpn automatically from the server. For safety.
    That is, to be overwritten during the connection, which the SSL VPN client can do.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @CorLK
    Both the OpenVPN client and the WatchGuard SSLVPN client use a profile

-The OpenVPN (for both Mac and PC) version requires you to manually download the openVPN file to your PC. The ovpn file is usually stored in your OpenVPN directory.

-The WatchGuard one automatically downloads it and stores it in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\WatchGuard\Mobile VPN.

-The Mac version of the WatchGuard client stores it to your UNIX home directory.

Either way, the file is kept on the local computer.

The SSLVPN config file only changes if you make setting changes for the SSLVPN. Unless you regularly change the connection settings for the SSLVPN in the firewall this generally won't be an issue.

At this current point in time, the WatchGuard client doesn't have a way of running a script after launching. If you require that functionality, you'll want to use one of the OpenVPN clients to achieve that.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

I know. But OpenVPN Connect have function for downloading Profile from server. But this is for OpenVPN servers only. If want connect to WatchGuard server then not downloaded anything... (manual selected cert+ovpn config connected ok)

• Options

You currently have 2 options:
    1) use the WG client - but have no ability to run anything after connection
    2) use OpenVPN client where you can

• Options

Bruce, just so you know, the comment you linked to is gone. I think CorLK is claiming that option 2 is not available, because even the OpenVPN client isn't downloading the profile after connecting to their Watchguard device.

• Options

No idea what happened to that older post...

The OP doesn't like either of the 2 options.
    He/she wants one that does not exist.

Sign In to comment.