Failed to get domain name?

Hello there. I am new to the forum. How are you? I had a little issue and perhaps someone here can guide me on the right direction. I have a vpn with ssl configured on my firebox that works with "watchguard mobile vpn with ssl". No problems until here. However, my feature key recently expired and since that when i try to connect i always get the message "failed to get domain name - Could not download configuration from the server" ... since it may take a while to get a new feature key, what can be causing this? thanks

Answers

• What firewall model and what Fireware version is it running?

I would not expect this to happen just because of a an expired Feature key, so perhaps this is a bug.

• Hi Bruce! thank you for your reply. Yes, i wasn't expecting this beahaviour. However it's happening. It's a Fireware M200 with 12.5.5.B630561
    Already rebooted the Fireware but it's still happening

• Did SSLVPN work from this device prior to the Feature key expiration?
    What is the device and what OS is it running?

Make sure that you are using the correct user ID & password, which is case sensitive.

Here is a possible reason:
    Mobile VPN with SSL connections fail from some versions of Windows and macOS
    https://techsearch.watchguard.com/KB?type=Article&SFDCID=kA10H000000g3WlSAI&lang=en_US

You can test SSLVPN from behind the firewall.

You can turn on diagnostic logging for SSLVPN which may show something to help - look in Traffic Monitor for the diagnostic log entries:
    In WSM Policy Manager: Setup -> Logging -> Diagnostic Log Level -> VPN -> SSL
    In the Web UI: System -> Diagnostic Log
    Set the slider to Information or higher

• hi Bruce.
    Yes, everything worked fine before the feature key expired. Immediatelly after expiring the feature key i started getting that error.
    it happens on different computers and users that were granted access over vpn by our DC controller

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

I'd suggest looking at the sslvpn logs on the firewall itself. It may give a better reason for the failure.

Unless you're running a trial device, feature key(s) expiring shouldn't cause sslvpn to stop working.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.