Mobile VPN with SSL and Windows IOT, AuthPoint?

Is the Mobile VPN with SSL (WG-MVPN-SSL.exe) client for Windows able to run in Windows 10 IOT? Has anyone used an HP Thin Client running Windows IOT to connect to a Watchguard Firewall while also using Authpoint?

We're looking for a thin client that can natively connect, but so far the HP Thin OS doesn't have that ability.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• @BrianLambeth

I can´t see why it should not work.

Thin client and Windows 10 don´t sound right?

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise shares all the benefits of the worldwide Windows ecosystem. It is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise, so you can use the same familiar development and management tools as client PCs and laptops. However, when it comes to licensing and distribution, the desktop version and IoT versions differ

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

I'm not sure if we've tested the IOT edition -- (I can look into that.)

If you're looking for native VPN however, both L2TP and IKEv2 VPNs, which are built into windows 10, will work.

You can also use any compatible (most) OpenVPN variants that supports OVPN files to connect to the firewall's SSLVPN.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.