Bought Company with Firebox T35 - Who Manages it?

Our client purchased a company that has a MS3AE5 Firebox T35 in play. How do we determine who is managing this device? Previous owner doesn't know.

Comments

• You can contact Customer Care, and provide the serial number & model of this firewall, and they should be able to tell you the want account name this firewall is registered, which should give you a clue.

To contact Customer Care:
    1) you can do this on the support portal - use the Support Center link above
    2) by the following form
    https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-support/my-watchguard-assistance
    3) or by phone
    877.232.3531 option 1 or +1.206.613.0456 International

• Thanks a lot for that info!

• Support Center reassigned this Firebox to the new company. Now, know one knows the admin password and I am 300 miles away and need to backup the configuration, reset to defaults, then reload the old configuration using the default password, then change the password. :#

Can the Firebox be reset in that fashion to factory defaults remotely? I have remote access to all the PCs and Server at the remote client so I can "see" the Firebox, just can't login.

• edited April 2021

Potentially.

Can you remote in somehow while the firewall and Internet is unavailable?
    If not, then no.

If you know the status user ID & password, then via the Web UI or WSM Policy Manager, you can save the config file to disk on the Web UI/Policy Manager access device.

• I find it difficult to believe that the previous owner cannot remember the name of who did their IT support...probably just doesn't care, but it's the same effect on you.

Have you looked on local computers/servers for the WatchGuard System Manager application suite? You may get lucky and find that the IT company had it locally installed or that they saved an XML config file locally.

Gregg Hill

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Any reset procedure aside from pushing the reset button on the firewall will require the passwords to accomplish anything.

If you don't have any passwords, you'll need to reset the firewall and make a new configuration.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.