App based routing

Hi,
some customers wish that some apps must pass from specific external connections, (ie Teams or google meet to a specific line, and so on) from what I know this is not possibile with the current fireware release (12.6.4u1)
I wish to have some kind of app based routing, like we do with sd-WAN based routing, to estabish a preferred external link for some apps.
It would be great to have such an option.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @FirewallDude

If you can determine the IPs or FQDNs the services are talking to, you can set up a SD-WAN based rule for them to pass that traffic via the interface you want.

On the Firebox, application control is performed after a policy is matched, so traffic is either allowed, denied, or has a traffic management action applied to it based on your settings. There isn't an opportunity to reassign to a different rule-- and doing so could cause potential security issues on the firewall.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi @James_Carson
    I see what you are saying but honestly this is very hard to achieve for services like teams based on hundreds of different urls/subnet/cdn and changing time to time...
    So imho this aspect needs to be improved in some way....

Sign In to comment.