Options

Combine rental and non rental devices

Hi

Currently we own all of our firebox devices, but going forward we will be renting all of our T20 and T40 devices and only keep 4 M370 boxes as our "own" devices.

I see it is not possible to have rental devices added to our exsting WG account - where al of our DNSWatch, TDR, Basic cloud management is located.
My MSSP reseller says the rental device has to be under their account and i can get a admin account to this portal, so i can managed my rental devices there. But having to different accounts is less than smart and i will not get the full reporting, if data is spread across 2 accounts.

It would be smart, if it was possible to add rental devices to a existing account where the MSSP partner still has access to the rental devices. Or would it be smarter to have WG move all of our own devices to the MSSP partner portal?

I guess the MSSP partner can access and see firebox configuration, if its fully cloud managed, but if it only send logs to the cloud, can the MSSP also see the log data?

Robert

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

I'm going to move this to our product enhancements thread so that the project managers can see/respond to it.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.