Currently using Mobile VPN w/SSL, can I setup a 2nd Mobile VPN method to test?

We recently had two accounting users move to new locations and have had nothing but issues with them, drives disconnecting or slowness on the vpn most common complaints.
I was doing some reading on Mobile VPNs today as part of troubleshooting one user and noticed a line that mentioned the Mobile VPN w/SSL is slower than other Mobile VPN Options
I am currently on an M270 firebox, running 12.6.2

Can I setup a Mobile VPN w/IKEv2 in addition to the Mobile VPN w/SSL? Can both run at the same time for testing?
I want to test to see if the IKEv2 option will be faster for these users and cause less issues for them going forward.

Thanks in advance for any advice

CarolT

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative
    edited February 2021

Hi @CarolT
    You can set up as many as you wish, up to all four of the mobile VPN options.

If two specific users out of all users are having connection problems, it may also be helpful to troubleshoot the connection from their end. If the issue is the VPN or the VPN type, all users will generally be having the same issue.

If you need assistance, our technicians are ready to assist via a support case.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks James, my other users have sometimes locked up, but I still need to question them. I had made some changes to my mobile vpn/ssl a few months ago on Watchguards recommendation.
    Will test out one of the other VPNs just to see if that is any better of a solution for those particular users

Sign In to comment.