Problem with accessing Domain via HTTP-Proxy in the same VLAN

Hi,
I don´t know if have a error in reasoning but I am not able to access a server via his domain name if the server is in the same VLAN as the client.
I have one public IP-Address and multiple servers with its own domainname. While the access to these servers work as a charm from external and other VLANs with the HTTP-Proxy I am not able to access these servers from the same VLAN. The domain resolves to the public IP-address.
Currently the only way I found is creating an own DNS server which resolves to the internal IP-Address of the servers. But this cannot be the only way?

Thanks,
Florian

Answers

• Hi,
    thank you for this response, but I am using an http-proxy to dinstinguish based on the domain name to which internal IP-Address the connection should be created.
    If I create an NAT loopback all requests from the VLAN are redirected to the same server, no matters which domain name is used.

Thanks,
    Florian

• Have you tried adding a VLAN name to the From: field of your current incoming HTTP proxy policy, and see what happens when you try to access and internal server via its domain name?

• Hi,
    at the beginning I had "Any" in the incoming HTTP proxy policy, and it didn´t work. Currently I did a workaround and created a DNS entry on our local DNS-Server, which maps to the internal IP-address, but this can´t be the solution for ever. Tomorrow I will try it with the VLAN and see what happens.

Thanks,
    Florian

Sign In to comment.