FQDN aliases

Was FQDN functionality added in v12? I manage a Firebox with that version and it has it but another on v11 does not.

Comments

• V11.10:

• Support for the use of fully qualified domain names (FQDN) as the source or destination in a policy or blocked sites entry, including support for wildcards.

There were some additional enhancements in V12.2

• In Version 11, FQDN operation was flaky.. I remember problems like it running out of space to hold a domain that had lots of sub-domains, and when this happened some FQDNs would work sometimes and not other times.. Gregg can probably remember the other FQDN issues as he was the champion that kept whipping the FQDN horse to the finish line so that we have it working properly these days..

Adrian from Australia

• @xxup said:
    In Version 11, FQDN operation was flaky.. I remember problems like it running out of space to hold a domain that had lots of sub-domains, and when this happened some FQDNs would work sometimes and not other times.. Gregg can probably remember the other FQDN issues as he was the champion that kept whipping the FQDN horse to the finish line so that we have it working properly these days..

Oh, if only it actually DID work properly! I still have times when using a wildcard FQDN will fail so I have to use the exact FQDN.

Gregg Hill

• It is still waaaaaaay better than the v11 days.. I can't recall a recent FQDN fail.

Adrian from Australia

• @xxup said:
    It is still waaaaaaay better than the v11 days.. I can't recall a recent FQDN fail.

You just HAD to remind me, didn't you?

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.