[Solved] IKEv2 mobile VPN on Win10 Pro 20H2 over WiFi ends with no working network connection

[Update: User reported to me today that he does eventually regain Internet access while connected to VPN so it appears the originally reported problem isn't really a problem.]

I'm running with a pair of M200s in a Fire Cluster configuration. They're running Fireware 12.5.5 (the latest version for these boxes).

I'm slowly rolling out IKEv2 VPN services to my users. Authentication is to Firebox DB user accounts. I've been using it myself since WFH started in March and have not had problems. I'm still on Win 10 Pro 2004.

I've got a user whose Lenovo ThinkPad T580 is on Win 10 Pro 20H2. He used the exact same scripted package that I used on my laptop to set up VPN on his laptop. He's predominantly on WiFi at home. When he successfully connects to VPN and authenticates, he's left with no working network connection at all. In the Windows Taskbar, his network connection icon shows the globe icon that Win 10 shows when there's no working Internet connection.

I'm reminded that there were VPN issues with a prior Win 10 update, but I thought those were resolved by the time 2004 and 20H2 were finalized.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?

If no one else has encountered a problem like this, I'm going to open a ticket with WG support.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @jskang

if you do continue to have an issue with this, I'd suggest opening a support case so that the team can look into your logs in depth.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.